AAE Can Bring Quality Education to You!
AAE offers courses nationally and internationally. All courses are designed in accordance with the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) of the National Institutes of Health Expert Panel Report (EPR3): Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Asthma. Continuing education is offered for our live and online courses for a variety of professional disciplines.
ONLINE COURSE LIBRARY
Access Anywhere, Anytime
Computer, tablet or phone at work at home anywhere, anytime, any device.
AAE delivers a robust library of asthma-specific continuing education on a convenient platform, readily available to you when you need it. Our innovative course wallet allows you to access your certificates and track your credits as needed.
Establish your free profile for enrollment and receive Nurse CE credits for the following courses by using code: MyAAE2019
(These CE credits are accepted as asthma specific education for your re-certification through NAECB)
- Ethnic Disparities in Asthma Care in the United States- Leroy Graham, MD
- How and When Does Asthma Begin? Robert Lemanske, MD
- Assessment Guided Asthma Education - Match the Message to the Need- Benjamin Francisco, PhD
- Innovations in Pharmacists' Roles in Asthma Care- Laya Esmaili-Rashid, PharmD and Kari Trapskin, Pharm D.
- Biologics: Emerging Approaches to Effective Asthma Treatment Todd Mahr, MD and Karen Gregory, DNP, APRN
- Effective Management of Asthma By Primary Care Providers- Leroy Graham, MD
Becoming an Asthma Educator and Care Manager
This half-day course is dedicated to teaching participants to holistically approach the education of patients and families with asthma.
Core topics include:
- Asthma prevalence
- Goals of therapy
- Controlling factors that contribute to severity - monitoring symptoms
- Pharmacotherapy - medication administration
- Optimizing Education
National Asthma Educator Certification Prep and Recertification Review Course
This course is designed as a review for individuals who actively engage in the education of persons with asthma and who wish to pursue certification or recertification as an asthma educator. The review course was written and is taught by credentialed asthma educators (AE-C, Asthma Educator-Certified).
Our course is based on the NAECB detailed content outline.
The course content includes:
- Factors contributing to acute and chronic asthma
- Patient and family assessment
- Asthma management including pharmacological, behavioral and environmental interventions
- Development of an asthma action plan
- Program outcomes
- Referral and professional networking,
- Spirometry for the health care professional
Methods of teaching used in the review course include:
- Didactic presentations
- Interactive patient-based case studies
- Hands-on device workshop
Contact us at email@example.com for more information and to learn more about our hosting packages.
Did you miss it?
Catch it on demand
by clicking on the image below!