Program Coordinator, Easy Breathing Program at Rutgers University. Seeking someone who will be passionate about spreading the gospel of asthma care according NHLBI/NAEPP guidelines to the general pediatric practices in Central New Jersey. The Rutgers campus in New Brunswick, NJ is halfway between Philadelphia and New York City. If you prefer living in the atmosphere of a big city it is possible to commute from either city.
Job Title: Program Coordinator
School/Operating Unit: RWJMS
Reports To: Principal Investigator
Approved By: DHW
Approved Date: October 2015
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. (List Essential Duty Responsibility Statements.)
1. Coordinates research activities, studies and staffing needs. Trains, supervises, valuates and/or disciplines subordinate staff. Conducts orientation and ensures the integration of new staff members into the Department and work unit.
2. Maintains comprehensive knowledge of University and Department’s policies and procedures.
3. Maintains time and attendance records, and coordinates schedules; conducts personnel evaluations in a timely manner. Interacts with the Department of Human Resources regarding personnel matters.
4. Provides internal management and consultative services to professional staff, program directors and faculty, with respect to planning, developing and carrying out proposals and objectives.
5. Develops and submits administrative plans and devises implementation and control procedures which will ensure administrative and clinical services are delivered in an efficient and effective manner.
6. In conjunction with clinical research faculty, assists in the coordination and preparation of grant reports for research program.
7. Prepares reports containing findings, analysis, conclusion and recommendations (i.e., grants, narratives, position papers, etc.), as requested.
8. Assists in the preparation of budgets, as well as budget revisions, as required. Analyzes and interprets operating budgets to determine that all appropriate expenses are included. Manages budgets and maintains records of fiscal expenditures.
9. Ensures all supplies are ready to use in studies and that inventories are stocked.
10. Coordinates schedules with research team and school officials to ensure efficient performance of study.
11. Ensures that all staff are trained and evaluated on their knowledge of and adherence to compliance policies and procedures specific to their jobs.
12. Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills; must be able to work both independently and with a team. Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work under tight deadlines. Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
SUMMARY: (Basic purpose of the job)
Reports to the Principal Investigator (PI); assists with all aspects of the Easy Breathing Program, in particular, the coordination of the offsite practice visits, training material, project communications and executing logistics between the PI and the various offsite practices. Serves as main contact support and responds to inquiries from offsite practice staff and physicians. Attends all related meetings; assists with taking minutes and preparing meeting reports. Assists with preparation of all grant progress reports, PowerPoint presentations and writing of program-specific content for the project. Tracks progress of all required documents, drafts progress reports. Manages and tracks all project-specific budgetary information and assists with preparation of budgetary proposals related to the Easy Breathing Program. This position requires a Certified Asthma Educator who is either a licensed RN or RT to coordinate and meet the deliverables of the grant funded Easy Breathing Program. Candidate must have strong interpersonal and communication skills, experience with educational and program development, and experience in Pediatric care of asthma patients.
Please email email@example.com for additional contact information to recommend someone or to apply for this exciting position!